19.2.11

To the Loyal


You’ve patiently waited for me.  Been companions on a halting journey you perhaps understood better than I.  You’ve been in the wings eager to lift me when at last I return from distraction to write.  Thank you. 

I grasp for purpose in this exercise.  Flounder with insecurity.  Fear ruin.  Slowly I’m finding the ground beneath these drifts.  I’m committing to the purpose of Truth, to be with no agenda but to exist, a record of His breath.  I return to you, the loyal. 

Arrived, I have not.  Willing to continue the discovery, stretch and change, here I am.             
After preoccupation with living, and spending time learning this art at Redeemed Days, I choose Eternal Sighs as my priority. 

I now describe this space (labeled “about” on the menu):


Eternity, home of Truth, sighs all delight.  Softly invites me out of sighs of despair, frustration, fear, apathy, to discover Him, Truth - large, glorious.  I thought He always shouts, mistook His confidence for arrogance, His superiority for coercion. 

Though strong, He whispers in sighs of eternity brushing tendrils across my soul.  For,

“God is above all things presiding, beneath all things sustaining, outside all things embracing, and inside all things filling.”  A. W. Tozer

I slow to listen, to watch, to wait with those who were ready to receive Him when first He came quietly, majestically. 

In this place I receive; savor the microscopic dust of His magnified existence.  Bedrock theological dissertation and doctrine I reverently defer to those ordained, accept their influence as a microscope powering my ability to see.  Though,  

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:
now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. (1Cor 13:12)

I simply anticipate my Saviour’s repeated coming through eternal sighs that breathe life to my living.  And, finally when eternity shouts loud and clear from the clouds, when there will be no overlooking Truth’s reign.

How I want you to come with me, to celebrate Truth.  You are welcome.  You are invited.  He will set you free – to see. 

Sigh.

2 comments:

Kira said...

This was so well-written and poignant. I love your use of words and the quote from A.W. Tozer. Thank you for sharing your heart!

Esta said...

it is good to hear your heart.

keep writing friend